Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

IHOPP The International House of Paleo Pancakes!

3 Ingredient Pancakes
-OR-
5 Ingredient Pancakes
(mmmm...that IS the question now, isn't it?)

This post is going to be a little different from my previous posts. One, because I tried out an original recipe found of course...on Pinterest... haha. After trying that recipe out a few times on the family for breakfast, I noticed something was missing from the recipe. So I started to mess around with the ingredients, and I have now arrived at what I believe to be THE PERFECT Paleo pancakes! So, to start off, I am going to provide you with the 3 Ingredient Pancake recipe. 



Ingredients:
  • 1 large ripened banana
  • 2 eggs
  • cinnamon added to taste

Instructions (Super Easy):

  1. Place all ingredients into blender
  2. Blend
  3. Pour onto frying pan (greased w/ coconut oil)
  4. flip after bubbles form
  5. DONE (easy as that right?)
Review:
They tasted pretty good, however, they were a little bland (maybe my bananas weren't ripened enough). My biggest issue with them in specific was the texture. They didn't resemble pancakes enough for me to really enjoy them...they were a little flimsy and sometimes broke when flipping them and were too greasy and moist. Still a fast and easy recipe especially if you're on a budget!

Now, for my 5 Ingredient Pancakes :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 large ripened bananas
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 tsp coconut flour
  • cinnamon to taste
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
  • salt (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Put all ingredients in the blender
  2. Pour onto greased griddle or frying pan (coconut oil)
  3. when bubbles appear flip
  4. Serve with fruit, syrup, or nothing and Enjoy!
Review:
This recipe (which I made up from testing out different combos of ingredients over this past week) is delicious! The pancakes are still moist, but the coconut flour really adds that substance and fluffy feeling that pancakes are supposed to have. I really feel like I can have my pancakes and eat them too (haha very punny!) This new recipe is a WIN!

But all in all, both recipes are delicious and you can pull off "paleo pancakes" with either recipe, and enjoy the whole process. My son absolutely loved both versions of pancakes, so it is great for your children. Don't forget to make the pancakes pretty small as you can see in the picture (they do tend to break and not hold together if you are not careful or make them too big! *This applies mostly to the 3 ingredient recipe*). 

I hope you all enjoy your pancakes! Happy healthy Addictions, everyone!


Three Ingredient Recipe thanks to:
http://www.recipebyphoto.com/3-ingredient-pancakes/

Everyone is welcome to use my 5 ingredient recipe :) Don't forget to share and subscribe!

Yours Truly,
The PaleoCaveGoddess





Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment