Translate

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day One Online Training With Heidi Somers AKA BuffBunny

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since my last blog. Since I last posted a lot of new and awesome developments have taken place for me. First off I would like to note that I am still an avid paleo supporter in health and wellness, however, my goals have changed. Before, all I wanted to accomplish was finding new ways to eat wonderful sweets and tasty things in a much less devastating environment. Which is still amazing, and I believe that living Paleo can 100% help people that were in my predicament. My new goals are extremely fitness related, and therefore I cannot be 100% Paleo. This is not all bad news, given the fact that since going paleo I've lost over 10lbs and am down to 131lbs. I have been doing a lot of research into body building and competitions. It's not enough for me to just lose fat now, I want to sculpt beautiful lean muscle and definition too. Often times when seeing the Paleo transformations what you see are incredible body transformations, but they are lacking one thing usually, and that is muscle tone and definition. I decided to take my journey another step forward and enlist the help of bikini competitor and fitness guru (and my personal fitness role model) Heidi Somers AKA BuffBunny to customize a fitness regime and nutrition/supplement plan. Now, the plan that I chose was the 8-week plan. She offers several other options in length and, of course, a bikini competitor plan as well. (You can email her at heidisomers@hotmail.com to inquire about pricing and package options!!!)
Secondly, I decided to make a HUGE life change and I switched my college major from Biomedical Engineering to Dietetics, I have found lots of joy and happiness researching and pondering the different health benefits to eating a certain way, I definitely think I could do that as a job for life! Haha.
Back to the meat of this post. Today was my first day on the BuffBunny plan, and I have got to say, it was pretty intense at the gym, she had me doing a hefty combination of bodyweight cardio, abs, and weights. I had a great time working up a sweat and trying out exercises I have never done before. I wont be going over any specifics to the plan that she wrote up for me, because ethically I believe that she gives an important service and if you would like that information she deserves to be paid for it. Sorry about that guys, but it's only fair :) As far as the nutrition goes she added a few new supplements to my arsenal and so far I really like them. Food-wise she has me eating very clean and mostly paleo minus whey protein and the occasional quest bar as a snack. I am going to post my before pics so we can track my progress and hold me accountable! Whenever you do an online training program, it's extremely important to find ways to be accountable for the work you committed to putting in. Don't spend money on something that you aren't going to follow through with. Disclaimer, I have a very handsome 2 1/2-year-old son, I have been hanging on to at least 10lbs of baby weight that I cannot seem to shake. Hopefully at the end of this I can restore my confidence!

I will try to update with a new progress picture weekly! Thank you so much for reading! And I hope I can inspire and help others to get started on being healthy and happy with the bodies they work so hard to keep in good shape :) You can follow me on Pinterest, Instagram using the links in my blog or add me on snapchat CaveGoddess for up to date information on my progress! Happy healthy addictions!

The PaleoCaveGoddess
Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment